Selectmen’s Minutes 04.27.15

April 28, 2015

Board of Selectmen Meeting

April 27, 2015

Pledge of Allegiance

Meeting called to order at 5:30pm

Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Harry Wright, Selectman

Appearances

  1. Dean Williams, of CNHRPC, was in attendance to present Safe Routes to School Travel Plan, 2015. The purpose of the plan is to identify measures and develop a strategy that will encourage a greater number of students to bike and walk to and from school in Bradford. The report includes the study area, goals, maps and highlights the “5 E’s”: Evaluation, Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, Engineering. Stated that this is a preliminary plan document of existing conditions. Asked that, should the Board of Selectmen approve of the document, the town formally adopt the presented SRTS plans.

-When questioned, Mr. Williams advised that the preliminary plan includes the addition of a bike lane on Old Warner Rd.

– Chair suggested to put line item to adopt the document at Selectmen’s Meeting 5/11/15.

The board expressed appreciation for Mr. William’s presentation.

 

Regular Business

  1. Town Hall Committee Discussion

Current Proposed THRC Committee:

  • Nikki Dubaere- Volunteer Coordinator
  • Claire James- Public Relations
  • Eileen Kelly- Capital Planner
  • Jim Bibbo- Construction Manager
  • TBD- Physical Planner
  • Harry Wright- Selectmen’s Representative
  • Brackett Scheffy- Member At-Large

-Town Administrator advised that Nikki Dubaere has expressed difficulty recruiting volunteers.

Board wants to send a letter to ¹committee RHC requesting funding for ADA entrance in order to send documentation to LCHIP

– Eileen Kelly advised LCHIP & DHR will need detailed drawings of architect’s plans.

– Town Administrator stated that of the 2014 Warrant Article the remaining budget is $14,110.44. Bill received today from Architect Kelly Gale. Selectmen will review and discuss budget at Selectmen’s Meeting 5/4/15.

– Bradford Bridge will highlight need for THRC volunteers in May issue.

THRC Meeting will likely be held next week. Board will address exact time and date at next meeting.

2. Pole license submitted for Eversource to put up a pole on Fortune Rd at property owner’s request. Pole License signed by Selectmen.

3. Town Admin presented 2015-2021 CIP application for Town Hall. Application will be submitted with updated cost amount.

4. CIP Committee requested Selectmen’s Representative- Sonny Harris volunteered. Voted 2-0.

5. Letter received from Theo Selby of BNSYS requesting use of Brown Shattuck Field for T-ball- pending no scheduling conflicts with Parks & Recreation.

6. Letter received from DOT advising they will be installing milled rumble strips on Route 103 in Bradford in an effort to reduce in-lane departure crashes.

7. Update from Road Agent: Road ban will be lifted Friday May 1, 2015. Once the roads dry out the road crew will begin brushing and cleaning roads.

 

Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest reviewed and signed.

Minutes of April 20, 2015 meeting were reviewed and accepted without edits. Meeting adjourned at 6:04pm.

¹Edited 5/5/15

Selectmen’s Agenda 04.27.15

April 27, 2015

Selectmen’s Meeting

Agenda

April 27, 2015

 

Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call –

 

 

Appearances:

1.  Dean Williams – Safe Routes to School

Regular Business

  1. Town hall committee discussion
  2. Road work on Rte 103

 

Pending issues:

 

 

Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest for review and signature

Review minutes of last meeting

Selectmen’s Minutes 04.20.15

April 21, 2015

Board of Selectmen Meeting

April 20, 2015

Minutes

Pledge of Allegiance

Meeting called to order at 5:30pm

Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Harry Wright, Selectman

Regular Business

  1. Capital Improvement Program (CIP) contract for 2015 signed by Selectmen.
  2. Deed waivers, at Town Clerks recommendation, signed by Selectmen.
  3. Selectmen thanked Town Administrator for working with NH Historic Bridge (NHHB) group. Official award letter received from NHHB last week for Bement Bridge for total of $772K. ($616,600 from bridge aid program, $123,520 from state aid and $30,880 from town.) Qualified bid selection (QBS) coming soon- Selectmen will interview bidding contractors.
  4. Personnel action form signed by Selectmen for Karen Hambleton who will be filling in part-time for Maureen Brandon for the anticipated next 6 weeks.
  5. Town Hall Oversight Committee reviewed. Will be the responsibility of oversight committee to solicit volunteers for subcommittees. Proposed committee responsibilities as follows:
  • Physical Planning- would work closely with Project Manager to establish a plan, space and flow utilization, foundation, well, parking, temp housing, maintenance work, clean-up
  • Capital Planning- outline core components, ensure funds are available, finance from state/fed gov’t, help fund move, determine how much $ is needed for revenue bonds and get it approved at next year’s meeting
  • Construction Management Oversight Group- work closely with Architect, make sure meet legal obligations, oversee improvement of site
  • Public Relations Management Group- promotional outfit, generate enthusiasm in town
  • Manager of Volunteer Efforts- organize and coordinate volunteer efforts

Oversight committee will be comprised of the Selectmen and Town Admin (with one vote), a committee member at large, and a representative of each of the aforementioned five groups. Proposed committee leadership include: Physical Planning: Jim Bibbo; Capital Planning: Eileen Kelly; Public Relations: Claire James; Volunteer Manager: Nikki Dubaere. Positions will be voted on at Selectmen’s Meeting 4/27/15.

Selectmen took what was said at the public discussion 4/6/15 and believe this plan is not only reflective of what was said but hope this is an organization that can move forward in the right direction and get work done.

Harrry Wright expressed concern that the office move back to Town Hall should not be included in the responsibilities of the oversight committee.

6. Town Administrator stated that storage facilities were still being rented. Board advised to continue to rent a single storage unit.

7. At Selectmen’s Meeting 3/23/15 the board voted to move the town office and weekly meetings back to the Town Hall. A lot of work has been done since that time studying what’s involved both in substance and cost. Concern acknowledged over spending on things that are not continuous.

Facilities were toured recently with Fire Marshall and Architect to discuss how to get back into Town Hall, future design plans and ADA compliance regulations.

Selectman Harry Wright’s comments and concerns for the record:

“After reviewing the e-mails re: the move, I have some serious concerns…

1. ADA access through the side of the building: I am certain that this will be an issue for anyone involved with the historic integrity, likely including the LCHIP grant. Must be reviewed by them.

We’ve had a zillion reviews of the building. The last 2 architects (prior to Kelly) had plans for ADA access through the front doors. This should not be dismissed casually to simply accept the input of the last person to view the project.

2. $$$$- how are we going to pay for it? The moving project gets bigger and more complex every time we turn around.

3. Volunteers- How many volunteers have John and Sonny recruited? How many (and who) for fundraising? How much has been raised? How many (and who) for work, and in what areas?

4. Kelly Gale’s time: Kelly is putting a lot of time and effort into this move. How is she being compensated? The remaining 2014 funds are for plans for restoration, not office move.

We are playing with the taxpayer’s money without authorization of the taxpayers by warrant article. It can’t be done by manipulation of budgets that are too skinny to begin with.”

-Chair advised that when the town offices moved out of the Town Hall there was no warrant article and inquired as to who paid for that move. Reiterated importance of moving offices back into Town Hall due to safety, deed restrictions, etc. 2014 money will only be spent on permanent changes (ie: ADA entrance, fixing walls, bullet resistant glass & wall membrane). State Fire Marshall recommended where to put ADA entrance on Town Hall.

-Architect Kelly Gale spoke with Peter Michaud of DHR (NH Division of Historical Resources) and he stated he prefers the ADA entrance on side of building to preserve historic nature of front doors.

-It was expressed that cost to town needs to be defined and finances outlined. Selectmen will get a cost recap for next week. Chair advised that Kelly Gale is being paid out of the remaining 2014 funds. Selectman Harry Wright stated that those funds should be used for architectural plans. Chair stated funds should be used for permanent structural adjustments.

-No date has been set for the town office move yet due to complex concerns- still need to dissect and address issues, then Selectmen and Town Administrator will figure out where money is coming from and going to and discuss next Monday.

-Bradford Bridge offered to include necessary information regarding oversight committee and volunteer needs in May publication. Chair agreed to send info required to facilitate this.

  1. Question presented of Selectmen’s minutes 4/13/15 re: Regular Business #1. Chair stated that the Historical Society was given the ADA entrance ramp and it is sitting out in a field. Road crew is going to go pick it up and take it over to Town Hall.
  2. Budget Committee requested a Selectmen’s Representative be officially appointed to the Budget Committee. Motion made to appoint John Pfeifle as representative. Vote passed 3-0.

Appearances

Eileen Kelly presented the Selectmen with donations collected by the THRC for the restoration project totaling $3,120 that are to be deposited into the Bradford Town Hall Restoration & Maintenance Trust Fund.

-Selectmen made a motion to accept the funds. Vote passed 3-0 and donations handed over to Trustee Michael James who was in attendance.

Eileen Kelly provided the Selectmen with a copy of a letter received from LCHIP outlining the next steps in the process for obtaining the grant money. There are several steps the architect needs to complete in consultation with DHR. Conversations have begun but plan documentation must be provided.

Ms. Kelly advised that Audrey Sylvester, Kelly Gale and she recently attended the NH Preservation Alliance Conference at their own expense. Noted it was informative and that Bradford’s Town Hall project was used in a workshop as an example of historic preservation.

Eileen Kelly also brought to the attention of the board the passing of Jeff Taylor of Hopkinton. Mr. Taylor was a great supported of Bradford’s Town Hall project and did several forums for the town hall. He also participated in Bradford’s design charrette. His enthusiastic support will be missed.

 

Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest reviewed and signed.

Minutes of April 13, 2015 meeting were reviewed and accepted without edits.

Meeting adjourned at 6:20pm.

Selectmen’s Agenda 4.20.15

April 20, 2015

Selectmen’s Meeting

Agenda

April 20, 2015

 

Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call –

 

 

 

 

Appearances:

 

Regular Business

  1. CIP contract for signature
  2. Deed Waivers for signature
  3. NH Historic Bridge contract
  4. Town Hall – Continue to rent storage?
  5. Non Public Meeting – Non Public Session per RSA 91:A:3-IIa Personnel

 

Pending issues:

 

 

Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest for review and signature

Review minutes of last meeting

 

Selectmen’s Minutes 04.13.15

April 14, 2015

Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes

April 13, 2015

 

Pledge of Allegiance

Meeting called to order at 5:35pm

Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Harry Wright, Selectman

Appearances

  1. David Eckman of Eckman Engineering, LLC present regarding bridge work. Stated he has done work on hundreds of bridges (with both State Bridge Aid Program & FEMA). Explained that footings should be replaced to below scour depth and precast footings work with good soil, however it is typically less costly if poured in place. Discussed complexities of Bridge Aid Program and high cost in detail. Advised that it may be most cost effective to hire a part-time engineer onto town staff. State required QBS (Qualified Based Selection) can get expensive quickly and is not always a great option for small bridges. Suggested putting bridges up to bid in Dec/Jan to save up to 100K. Agreed to pull calculations on what state ratings are based on in an effort to better understand the state’s red list criteria and to speak with the state to inquire about assessment fees.

-Selectmen thanked Mr. Eckman for his time and asked that he take a look at Water St Bridge and give input on what he thinks needs to be done.

Regular Business

  1. Selectmen advised that the Historical group has given the handicapped ramp to the Town Hall. Asked Road Agent if he could take a look and let them know when he can access it.
  2. MS272 (budget appropriations as voted by the town) signed by Selectmen
  3. Selectmen advised that no changes would be made to CAP lease agreement as the group is doing a great service for the town
  4. Town Admin advised that the legal budget is quickly dwindling- having spent $4900 this month alone.
  5. Chair reminded that last week they asked for public input and open ideas and they received it- feel they now have direction on which way they want to go. Hopeful to have volunteers for a reconstructed oversight committee by Selectmen’s Meeting 4/20/15.
  6. The point was raised that the THRC reconstruction and Town Hall move is putting a lot of added pressure on Town Administrator. Selectmen agreed, particularly as the Town office is one employee down at the moment, stated that they are trying to use her expertise- not time.
  7. Jim Bibbo advised CNHRPC is awaiting a letter that the CNHRPC has had its CEDS application approved (the regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy) is waiting to receive a letter that Bradford has been approved as an economic development district, which allows Bradford to apply for Federal funds we don’t qualify for as an individual town. Jim Bibbo will file an application for a project within the regional CEDS when the regional app is approved. Will then apply for an economic development Grant to fix the 2nd floor theatre of the Town Hall that would service the greater community. (Grant plans will likely include handicapped access to 2nd floor.)

Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest reviewed and signed.

Minutes of April 6, 2015 meeting were reviewed and accepted without changes.

Meeting adjourned at 6:15pm.

-Amended 4/14/15

Selectmen’s Agenda 04.13.15

April 13, 2015

Selectmen’s Meeting

Agenda

April 13, 2015

 

Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call –

 

MEETING LOCATION CHANGED – MEETING WILL BE HELD AT THE BACC, REGULAR TIME

 

Non Public Meeting – Non Public Session per RSA 91:A:3-IIa Personnel – to begin at 5:00pm

 

 

Appearances:

  1. Eckman regarding bridge work

 

Regular Business

  1. Sign MS-232 Appropriations voted
  2. Budget review

 

Pending issues:

 

 

Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest for review and signature

Review minutes of last meeting

 

Meeting location change – still at BACC

April 13, 2015

Selectmen will hold their April 13th meeting in the Youth Room of the BACC.

Selectmen’s Minutes 04.06.15

April 9, 2015

Board of Selectmen Meeting

April 6, 2015

Minutes

Pledge of Allegiance

Meeting called to order at 5:30pm

Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Harry Wright, Selectman

Appearances

  1. Fire Chief, Mark Goldberg, presented contract for chassis- contract signed by Selectmen.
  2. Jim Bibbo present re: Rail Trail- Did not get grant but did get some $ put aside. Looking for permission and support to start work on Tilly Wheeler Trail (remove sediment- get down to smooth surface and later put hard pack down). Would like to make a parking space at end of trail (Gillingham Dr & Tilly Wheeler Trail) for handicapped access to trail- have volunteers willing to cut back shrubs/weeds. Trail will be for Horseback riding, cross country skiing, walking, snowmobiles (does not include 4wheelers/dirt bikes and other motorized wheel vehicles). This trail will eventually connect Warner, Bradford and Newbury.

-Audrey Sylvester asked if Rail Trail committee has contacted abutting property owners. She is an abutter and has not been contacted in any formal way about this project which can have an impact on property.

-Jim Bibbo advised what is planned is within the State ROW along 103 and the Tilly Wheeler Trail is town property. Additionally, all that is being done at this stage is preliminary cleaning and prep work.

Motion made to approve RHC’s request to begin work on Tilly Wheeler Trail. Voted 3-0.

Regular Business

  1. Town Administrator presented MS272 for signature (budget appropriations as voted by the town)- Not signed as it needs to be signed by the Budget Committee
  2. Engagement letter with Grzelak CPA firm signed by Selectmen
  3. Applications for current use signed by Selectmen
  4. Intent to Excavate for Hill & Dale signed by Selectmen
  5. NFI Easement (for Breeze Hill Rd Bridge) signed by Selectmen
  6. TAN note withdrawal signed by Selectmen
  7. Letter to the Trustees of the Trust Funds requesting advancement of 30K from Highway Dept Heavy Equipment Capital Reserve Fund to reimburse the General Fund for payment of Sand/Gravel Screen. (Approved by vote of March 2015 meeting- Warrant Article 18.)
  8. Chair reminded the public in attendance- Warrant Article 22- the Town voted to establish a Highway Expendable Trust Fund (per RSA 31:19-a) of 40K with Selectmen named as agents to expend from the fund. Selectmen’s meeting 3/23/15 Selectmen voted to spend 25K from this fund to purchase military surplus grader.
  9. Appointments of Beth Downs to Budget Committee and Bob Toppi to Library Trustees signed by Selectmen.
  10. Letter read to record from Ona Tropiano (W main St & Sunset Ln) praising Road Agent Barry Wheeler for excellent work keeping area free of snow piles.
  11. Received notice from Community Action Program (Senior Center) that they wish to renew their lease for another year
  1. Received questions regarding tax abatement for a resident who has always made timely tax payments. Will be reviewed in Non-Public Session at a later time.
  2. Town Admin advised one of the furnaces at the Town Hall was not running. Replaced some oil lines, thermostat wires, burner motor with used blower wheel and put thermostats back in. Total cost came to $1983.00.

THRC Public Discussion

Chair addressed the public saying that the Board is happy to listen to any comments people have- tonight’s meeting on town hall is to reorganize THRC committee and discuss how to begin getting ready for next town meeting. In regards to moving into town hall: comments are okay- but board has voted to make the move. Assuming all fire/heating regulations are abided by. Happy to talk about it, but it’s no longer a question of if it’s when. THRC has looked internally to come up with ideas on how to address future needs of town hall. What do we need to do different this year to get the Town Hall restoration appropriately addressed?

Town Admin advised the heat in Town Hall has been turned on, water turned on, made arrangements to meet tomorrow with people who wire for phones and computers and the phone company believes they can meet deadlines.

Chair recommended having disconnects installed now to make future temporary removal for renovations easier (1 time expense versus 3 time expense)

Chair advised they asked people at prior THRC to think about how we should organize and please come forward and advise Selectmen on ideas people might have on approach for how to take care of this for next year’s town warrant item. Chair opened discussion to the board and the public about the THRC function.

Jane Johnsen believes function of the THRC has gone as far as it can go. There was no plan- just pretty pictures. People would like to hear what the Selectmen’s plans are.

– Chair advised that the first step is for the committee to be informally “disbanded”.

– Jim Bibbo stated he thinks the Selectmen need to take a more active role as a board regarding how to recruit members and delegate tasks accordingly. Close contact with what’s going on rather than wait until there is trouble and people start complaining.

Chair reminded the public that the idea is to move back into Town Hall and use it until next year at Town Meeting- should the bond pass Town Administrator & Town Clerk Offices would be moved into trailers on Town Hall property while restoration is underway- with goal to move back into Town Hall before cold weather hits. Why? The Town Hall should be used, seen and open to the public. Brings town into conformance with stipulations on the deed in the BACC property and Town Hall property, makes town offices and records safer. Not trying to address this tonight- tonight is about the restoration committee. How do we want to organize our committee (THRC)?

– Harry Wright stated the one thing that is relevant regarding the move is funding. Believes left over funds from last year’s pre-construction work should be dedicated to architect and getting plans finished. Not used to move town offices.

– Chair disagreed, but would like to have a fundraising group for THRC to make the move, use the facility and not have it impact tax rate.

Beth Downs said THRC needs to have a more open minded approach to be more inclusive of people and appreciate there will be differences. Players have to be amenable to working with different people on diff causes- small to large. Can’t wait until the day before to get people revved up about it, this past year they waited until the 11th hour. It needs to be in everyone’s face all the time so no one can forget.

– Chair agreed.

Marlene Freyler pointed out that of the 18K that’s left is from non-lapsing fund, any $ used from that is supposed to be for preconstruction. Before anything begins the public needs to know how much will be spent and where it’s coming from.

– Chair gave example that the wall where the old police dept. used to be does not have insulation. Should we insulate that wall, it would come from that money. If we rip down walls internally it would not come from that fund at all. It would come from volunteers.

– Marlene asked if there will be a tally of that?

– Chair said yes, it will not be a mystery.

– Harry Wright stated he feels using money from the remaining 18K is inappropriate, believes it should be totally spent on getting plans done.

– Chair agreed that everyone wants a detailed architectural  drawings for people to see.

– Felicia Starr asked what the tax payers want that 18K to be spent on? She heard people asking for plans at Town Meeting.

– Susan Reynolds advised last year’s article was for preconstruction costs. Plans are preconstruction. Putting in insulation is actual construction. Plans are more important than insulation. Anything done beyond plans last year (i.e. new roof) was specifically included in bond article.

Felicia Starr asked what the Selectmen are looking for in reforming this committee.

-Chair proposed example committee: Oversight Committee of 5 people

  • Selectmen/Administrator (with 1 vote for office)
  • Committee chair (proposed Eileen Kelly)
  • Physical planner
  • Capital planner (where is $ coming from: short term, long term, grants from state, etc)
  • Construction manager (would work closely w/ architect and project manager). Someone familiar with the building, description, scope, budget, schedule to work week-to-week with project manager.

Then ask people to volunteer under which bucket they would like to be involved with.

-Susan Reynolds made an observation that perhaps the committee needs to start completely over. The current leadership system is not working. There are groups that have been trying to help that are getting pushed back and pushed around. Everyone needs to work together to make this work, you can’t stiff-arm anyone.

– Kathy Rodgers suggested a Volunteer Organizer on Oversight Committee.

– Where would publicity/public relations fit into the scheme?

– Town Administrator suggested separate group for communications.

– Chair agreed PR/Marketing should have its own subcategory. Do people want to do something that is not in the defined four areas?

Jim Bibbo pointed out that many people who fit into these categories are not here. Need to do recruiting based on people who have expertise outside of this room. There are people who don’t attend Selectmen Meetings but would be interested in volunteering.

Jane Johnsen asked if building is structurally sound? Says she heard from Gale that there are beams in the bldg that are not sound. Additionally expressed concern of the additional pressures this will put on Town Administrator.

-Advised that building was deemed structurally sound by Turner engineering 5 or 6 yrs ago. Has been reviewed by others in the interim.

-Jim Bibbo reminded that the building hasn’t settled in over 150yrs

-Sonny Harris said that the sills & floor joists look fine

Beth Downs suggested the Selectmen act as chair to Oversight Committee (in lieu of one committee chair) and have everyone report to them.

Jim Bibbo suggested Selectmen select the leaders don’t just ask for volunteers. Meet with them, layout what you want from each group. Let these people have a general meeting to encourage volunteers interested in working on these committees with these leadership teams. Then volunteers know who they are volunteering to work with.

Marlene Freyler expressed concerned that once Town Offices are in Town Hall the town will not vote to pass a Warrant Article for restoring Town Hall.

– Sonny Harris stated he believes people who are for restoration will continue to be for it.

– Chair reminded that the Warrant Articles went from 1.8M to 1.4M to 800K and the warrant still didn’t pass.

– Beth Downs said that the long and short of it after spelling out cost (average of $33/year), the people who are against it are clearly going to be against it regardless of the cost.

– Sonny Harris asked how do you put a value on a life and losing town hall to heirs? What about the responsibility we have to the townspeople, as Selectmen, for safety and accessibility of records? We shouldn’t sacrifice for those [architectural] plans the safety. We are violating state statutes at that point- violating 3 conditions of legal instruments- To me that trumps plans being done right now.

One resident stated they have voted against town hall and it does come down to money. They live very tightly on their budget and have a hard time paying taxes. Try their best to keep tax base the same- and not have to have a lien against house or property. Fully understand that this means so much to so many people- wants the Town Hall to come back to life. So many people work so hard for the money they have and it’s very little. Applauded Marlene Freyler for having the courage to say what so many don’t have the courage to say.

-Chair stated he appreciates her opinion and the fact that it’s difficult to pay taxes. They are trying to get good results for best cost. Cited Ambulance Squad as a way town has saved $. Would like to do the same with Police Dept in an effort to save money.

-Sonny Harris pointed out how important it is to pay attention to what people are saying. Additionally pointed out how much of the town is devalued based on the condition of Town Hall (particularly W Main).

-Jane Johnsen asked if 75% of town is in current use?

-Harry Wright advised 75% of the acreage in the town are in current use- not necessarily 75% of the value.

-Sonny Harris said that statistics from both sides prove that the greater amount of current use a town has the less the tax rate and the higher quality of life they have.

-Jim Bibbo reminded if there were no current use there would be more construction and houses being build- because people would have to sell out to developers because they couldn’t afford their taxes.

Beth Downs stated she is a disenfranchised voter in that she was unable to vote at Town Meeting. “As a tax payer in Bradford, I’m not getting my bang for the buck because can’t vote on the issues that are important to me.” Need to go back to Wed meetings and curb it from 7-10pm. If you don’t accomplish everything do it the next Wed 7-10 until you get it all accomplished.  Finds it hard to believe that other towns can get all business done in 2hrs.

-Chair agreed it was a good point. A vote was taken at Town Meeting regarding meeting time and it was split down the middle.

-Harry Wright said a number of people submitted a petition requesting a Saturday meeting. Working at the polls he takes an informal poll of what day is preferred for meeting- this year it was very split, slightly favoring Sat. To satisfy the folks who are concerned about wed night because of driving in the snow he suggested Wed night meeting w/ volunteer driver program to bring people to the polls who would otherwise be restricted from getting there.

Chair said he has heard that the people want to add one Communications/PR Organizer and one Volunteer Organizer to Oversight Committee. Would like to put together Oversight Committee immediately to begin moving forward and recruiting volunteers. Would like potential names for the Oversight Committee by next week.

Eileen Kelley provided document with current THRC recommendations for Selectmen review. (See attached- THRC Proposal to Selectmen 4.6.15)

Letter received from resident Peter M. Fenton with thoughts and questions regarding Town Hall. (See attached- Letter to Selectmen from P. Fenton)

Specific questions and answers include:

Q: What is the status of mold abatement? Has recent testing been done to ensure there is no mold?

A: Mold abatement is completed

Q: At our most recent town meeting, the townspeople were presented with a plan to renovate town hall, so that it would be usable for town offices again. Why were we presented with this as a must do, and now it is okay for the town administrator to use without any of the modifications?

A: the plan was to completely re-do town hall, which included offices, while entire restoration project did not pass, the town would still like to use the building for the town offices

Q: I believe bldg is not ADA compliant- handicapped access ramp was removed, is there a plan to replace this?

A: ADA compliant it will be.

Q: Has anything been done to rectify furnace room flooding?

A: Have had the repair man in to fix the furnace problem

Q: As bldg has not been used in 3+ yrs does it change the status of any grandfather clauses?

A: Not that the Selectmen are aware of

Q: Does building meet fire code?

A: It will

Q: Where are the funds for improvements coming from? Do we have a specific line item for this?

A: Hopeful of raising all of the funds

Q: Is this in best interest of town employees and tax payers?

A: 2 of 3 board members think that it is

THRC will be revisited April 20, 2015 at the Selectmen’s Meeting regarding how we will organize and go forth.

Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest reviewed and signed.

Minutes of March 23, 2015 meeting were reviewed and accepted with the following edit.

Page 2, line 28: “In violation of law conditions of legal instrument”

Meeting adjourned at 6:55pm.

Selectmen’s Agenda 04.06.15

April 3, 2015

Selectmen’s Meeting

Agenda

April 6, 2015

 

Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call –

 

Non Public Meeting – 5:00 pm Non Public Session per RSA 91:A:3-IIa Personnel

 

 

Appearances:

  1. Town Hall Restoration Committee reorganization
  2. Fire Dept – chassis contract for signature
  3. Jane Johnsen

Regular Business

  1. Progress on the town hall move. –
  2. Letter to be read to record from Peter Fenton
  3. Engagement letter with Grzelak CPA firm
  4. Abatements for signature
  5. Current Use Application for signature
  6. Intent to excavate for signature
  7. Easement for signature
  8. Status of Reval – beginning in JunePending issues: Review minutes of last meeting
  9. Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest for review and signature

Selectmen’s Meeting 03.30.15 CANCELLED

March 30, 2015

The March 30th, 2015 Selectmen’s meeting will be cancelled – no quorum.

« Previous PageNext Page »