Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes
April 3, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance
Meeting called to order at 5:30pm
Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Jim Bibbo, Selectman
Karen Hambleton, Town Administrator; Marilyn Gordon, Treasurer were in attendance
George Fantasia: Mr. Fantasia requested that the Select Board extend the agreement they made in 2014 to allow a piece of his property to remain in current use status while a legal issue with the property is resolved. The Selectmen voted 3-0 to allow the parcel to remain in current use however, stated that should the court not find in Mr. Fantasia’s favor, he would be responsible for the land use penalties and back taxes.
Town Hall Update: Work continues under the Town Hall. There are still questions with regard to the specifics of the USDA bond issue. No decision on financing was made.
Joe Wilcox: Mr. Wilcox received the letter stating the Town would be commencing clean-up of his property. He requested an additional week’s time to remove the junk vehicles etc himself. The Select Board explained that there were up to 4 junk haulers planning to view the property and submit bids on its clean up the following morning. The Select Board informed Mr. Wilcox that things would move forward as planned.
- Process for Intent to Cuts: Karen reminded the Selectmen that there were several steps to the process before Intents were signed.
- LED Lighting: After reviewing the proposal and its timing, the Select Board voted 3-0 in favor of proceeding with the LED replacement of street lights ASAP. This will reduce the Town’s street lighting cost.
- Waive Building Fee: On behalf of the Town Hall project, Karen requested the Selectmen waive the building permit fee for the renovation. The Select Board voted 3-0 in favor of waiving the fee.
- The Board signed 3 Timber Tax Warrants
- The Board signed a Corrective Deed for Map 17/Lot 63
- Karen provided a copy of the final tax warrant for 2016 as required by RSA
- The Board signed Appointment Forms
- The Board signed Personnel Action Forms
- The Chair of the Board noted that the Highway Department’s clean-up of the “cement snow” we received last week went very smoothly. He also noted that Water Street Bridge had been replaced and was open to traffic again.
Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest reviewed and signed.
Minutes of March 27, 2017 meeting were reviewed and accepted with no change.
The next Selectmen’s meeting will be held on Monday, April 10, 2017 at the Bradford Community Center.
The meeting adjourned at 7:08.
Minutes submitted by Karen Hambleton