Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes
April 17, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance
Meeting called to order at 5:30pm
Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Jim Bibbo, Selectman
Karen Hambleton, Town Administrator; Marilyn Gordon, Treasurer were in attendance
Anita Blakeman-Timber: Anita informed the Board that there is a new method for calculating timber tax using a new matrix system created by the State. Anita does not agree this is the best way to calculate the tax and the Board agreed. Anita will continue to calculate timber tax as she has been, while remaining within the regional average. The Selectmen will consider how they would like her to proceed going forward and get back to her.
Town Hall Update: The building has been lifted. Concrete forms and rebar are on-site and ready to be assembled. John stated that he is very pleased with the Highway Department’s efforts on the project. Mr. Geddes had told John that Highway was always there with a truck and ready to help. There was further discussion about how best to finance the Town Hall: Lake Sunapee Bank vs. the Municipal Bond Bank. John made a motion to use Lake Sunapee Bank for a 20 year loan at 3.5%, Sonny seconded, Vote in favor 2-1.
- Autocraft: The Chief of Police met with George Carrigan from DES on the property. George was not overly concerned with the soil conditions because most of the cars on the property have been there for years thus wouldn’t be actively leaking anything. If a soil test were to be done it would cost around $10,000. Currently all cars that are on the property are registered or are in the process of being registered. The Town’s attorney will be in court this Thursday to give an update on the clean-up status. Mr. Wilcox has not yet contacted the Planning Board to make sure that he is in compliance with the site plan.
- Cell Tower: There is currently a cell tower in town however according to the tower owner, no cell provider is interested in housing service on it. John would like to have it determined, perhaps through legal research, to see if there is a time limit as to how long the tower can be up without providing cell service. John would like to “Get the tower to work or take it down”.
- The Board signed a Junkyard permit renewal for Larry McDonald
- The Board signed an Intent to Excavate Map7/Lot26
- Fantasia: Karen suggested the abatement be postponed until after the legal issues surrounding the title have been resolved. The Board agreed.
- Harry Wright will get a list of all the current members of the Town Hall Restoration Committee so that the Committee can be reappointed.
Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest reviewed and signed.
Minutes of April 10, 2017 meeting were reviewed and accepted with no change.
The next Selectmen’s meeting will be held on Monday, April 24, 2017 at the Bradford Community Center.
Meeting adjourned at 6:29pm
Minutes submitted by Molly Hopkins