Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes
July 24, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance
Meeting called to order at 5:30PM
Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Jim Bibbo, Selectman; Karen Hambleton, Town Administrator and Marilyn Gordon, Treasurer were in attendance
- Smith Cemetery: Diane Whalley attended the Attorney General’s Cemetery Trustees Seminar and learned if a cemetery does not contain bodies, then it is not considered a cemetery. She has been informed that there are currently no bodies in the Smith Cemetery and that the head stones have all been removed. The Selectmen discussed this issue and chose to do nothing at this time.
- Fred Hubley: Fred showed pictures of South Brook Circle indicating that the road needs maintenance. Newbury plows the road, but does not maintain it. John said that he has brought this to Barry’s attention and will follow up with him tomorrow. There was discussion about Bradford providing the gravel and Newbury grading the road.
- Town Hall update: There will be a meeting on August 1st with the new architect, structural engineers, the Fire Marshal’s office and others to set out a plan of action. The Selectmen would like to be brought up to speed following the August 1st meeting with a plan.
- Autocraft update: Karen gave the Selectmen a copy of an email the attorney sent just prior to the meeting updating them on the Autocraft case. The Board would like some time to review this in more detail. The property was publicly auctioned and re-purchased by Mr. Wilcox’s ex-wife. There is another hearing this Friday regarding the case. The Selectmen made it very clear that the Town will pursue reimbursement for damages and legal fees regarding this case.
- Trees behind Community Center: The Chief of Police noted that several trees along the fence behind the Community Center need to be removed. Karen is going to get in touch with the abutting land owner to see if they can come to an agreement on splitting the cost of the removal. Karen also mentioned that there a tree at 115 Sunset Hill that is in the Towns right of way leaning over a property owner’s shed. The Board stated this was not the Town’s responsibility. Karen will write a letter to the owner.
- Change to paycheck distribution on Holidays: There was an issue with a paycheck being cashed before the date of the check. The Board does not want to do anything illegal and asked Karen to look further into the legalities surrounding the distribution of post-dated checks.
- Request from Hot Dog Vendor: Ben’s Bad Dogs sent a letter asking for permission to sell hotdogs at French’s Park as well as the Boat Launch. Karen will as for proof of insurance, and once provided, the Selectmen grant their permission, vote 3-0.
- Building Permitting Process: The Assessor brought it to Karen’s attention that there are a number of properties that were sold at a significantly higher value than their assessment and wanted to know if there was a way to make sure there were no longer large discrepancies. Motion made to keep Building Permitting Process as is, vote 3-0
- The Board signed Bement Bridge Engineering Contract
- The Board signed CAP Lease
- The Board signed Transfer of Funds for Town Hall
- The Board signed request to refund Town registration fees
- The Board accepted donation (Cow Flop Bingo) for Independence Day Trust Fund
- The Board accepted donation for Increased Fireworks Display (from Road Race)
- Meeting with Warner/Sutton: Karen is meeting with the Town Administrators of Warner and Sutton tomorrow morning to discuss areas in which they could combine efforts. John also asked Karen to discuss the question regarding the Bradford/Warner Town line adjustment that was voted on in Town Meeting.
- Fireworks Fundraising: The Board asked to bring this up next week.
- Karen read a letter thanking the Bradford PD for keeping a watch on their house while the owners were away.
- Karen informed that the LED street light installation will begin next week.
Minutes of July 10, 2017 meeting were reviewed and accepted.
The next Selectmen’s meeting will be held on Monday, August 7, 2017 at the Bradford Community Center.
Meeting adjourned to non-public session per RSA 91-A:3IIc at 6:44PM.
Meeting adjourned to public session at 6:58 pm.
Meeting adjourned at 6:59 pm.
Minutes submitted by Molly Hopkins/Karen Hambleton