Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes
October 2, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance
Meeting called to order at 5:30PM
Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Jim Bibbo, Selectman; Karen Hambleton, Town Administrator and Marilyn Gordon, Treasurer were in attendance
- Town Hall Update: The Board reviewed the update memo sent by Jay Barrett, architect, highlighting the progress of the past couple of weeks. John Pfeifle (Chairman) would like to see a plan and a schedule of what can be accomplished with the funding that will be left after the building is returned to its foundation. Karen Hambleton (Town Administrator) will request this from Jay. With this information in hand, John then would like to meet with the Fire Marshal to discuss what it would take to hold meetings and elections, and have the offices move back to the Town Hall. The Board expressed their continued concern about having the foundation exposed and would like to see the building lowered as soon as possible. It was also mentioned that a 7’ safety fence has been placed around the Town Hall worksite, this is an OSHA requirement.
- Review 3rd Quarter Expenses: The Board reviewed each account. The areas of concern are: Street Lighting, Welfare, Bridges and Fireworks.
- The Board signed a Driveway Permit for Hill & Dale LLC
- The Board signed an abatement request Map 11/Lot 76 site 11
- The Board accepted $2700 from Eversource as a rebate for the LED street lighting project.
- The Board signed the McKibben Environmental Contract
Pending Issues/Other Business:
- There was a discussion regarding the current staffing situation at the Newbury Police Department. John Pfeifle (Chairman) asked Karen to request a meeting with the Newbury Select Board to discuss the possibility of developing a mutually beneficial arrangement between our Police Departments.
- Karen continues to reach out to Warner to set up a meeting with their Select Board.
Minutes of September 25th meeting were reviewed and accepted without changes. .
The next Selectmen’s meeting will be held on Monday October 16, 2017 at 5:30 at the Bradford Community Center. There will be no meeting on October 9th due to Columbus Day
Meeting adjourned at 6:19 to Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3, II(e)
Meeting adjourned to public session at 7:20.
Meeting adjourned at 7:21.
Minutes submitted by Molly Hopkins/Karen Hambleton