Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes
November 20, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance
Meeting called to order at 5:30PM
Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Jim Bibbo, Selectman; Karen Hambleton, Town Administrator and Marilyn Gordon, Treasurer were in attendance
- Town Hall: Harry reviewed the three motions made in the THRC meeting held on 11.15.17; please see their minutes on the Town website for additional information. There was discussion around the current budget and making sure that the Town does not over spend on the project. Karen and the Selectmen are keeping a close eye on the budget. The Board is still waiting on a final figure what it will cost to do the work necessary to move the Town Offices back into Town Hall. Architect Jay Barrett will present this figure at the December 11th Select Board meeting. Jay continues to work closely with LCHIP as does Harry to see if the grant can be spent on structural work. Karen will set up a phone call tomorrow or later this week with John Pfeifle and Jay Barrett to confirm the Select Board’s desire to move work forward with the goal of getting Offices back into the building. On December 13th, the THROC will meet at 5:30 at the Community Center; this meeting is open to the public. The Board also discussed the review of invoices: currently the invoices are reviewed by Harry and Brackett. Going forward, the Architect and the Board will review all invoices prior to payment. The THROC asked for clarification of their role moving forward with the project. The Board would like to see the THROC raising money, helping to promote the project and continuing to act as a liaison to LCHIP. There was a motion to have Karen be the Town representative in future contractor meetings. The vote was 3-0 in favor.
- Tax rates: Karen presented the Board with three tax rate options. After much discussion, the Board voted 3-0 in favor of keeping the tax rate as the same as last year ($26.40 per thousand).
- Auditor Engagement Options: Karen read the 3 different options presented by the Town’s auditor, and after discussion the Board decided Auditing Services should be put out to bid.
- The Board signed the Equalization Certificate.
Pending issues/Other Business
- The Budget Committee meeting went well last week and the Board is looking forward to working with the Budget Committee this budget season.
Minutes of November 13th meeting were reviewed and accepted with no changes.
The next Selectmen’s meeting will be held on Monday November 27th at 5:30 at the Bradford Area Community Center.
Meeting adjourned at 6:42 to Non-Public Session-per RSA 91-A:3IIa
Meeting adjourned at 6:54 to Public Session
Meeting adjourned at 6:55
Minutes submitted by Molly Hopkins/Karen Hambleton