Town Clerk/Tax Collector
E-REG and Vitals are Working!
NOTE: There has been a delay in getting the Tax and Dog links set up. We hope to be able to have them up and running ASAP. In the meantime, if you wish to pay by credit card (with surcharge) please call our office and we can handle most transactions over the phone. Thanks!
Just Click The Links Above To Get Started!
- Request renewals online for plate types up to 26,000 pounds!
- Any or all dog licenses can be renewed online!
- Citizens can send an informational message.
- A Certified Copy of any Vital Record can be requested:
- Birth, Death, Marriage or Divorce
- Pay Property Taxes
- We are now a ONE CHECK Town to register vehicles
A debit card is processed as a credit card only if the card has a MasterCard, Visa Discover logo present.
Please Note: There are additional fees to cover the cost of the credit card fees—2.95% with a $1.50 minimum. These fees go directly to our third party processor and are not retained by the town/city. Convenience fees cannot be refunded.
TOWN OF BRADFORD
TOWN CLERK / TAX COLLECTOR
Erica Gross, Town Clerk / Tax Collector
Melissa Cloutier, Deputy Town Clerk / Tax Collector
Phone: (603) 938-2288 ~ Fax: (603) 938-5694
P.O. Box 607, 134 East Main Street, Bradford, NH 03221
Mondays 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Tuesdays 7:00 am – 11:30 am and 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Weds & Thurs CLOSED
Fridays 8:00 am – 11:30 am and 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm
CLOSED TUESDAY. November 4TH FOR ELECTIONS
November 11th for Veteran’s Day
November 28th, Day After Thanksgiving
Our Office will be open the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month unless otherwise stated. See below for Scheduled Sats.
Open – Saturday, November 8th and 22th – 9:00 to Noon
To help familiarize you with the Town of Bradford’s Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s Office, here is some general information you need to know. The Town Clerk’s Office registers automobiles, trucks, RVs, boats, all other watercraft, trailers, motorcycles and ATVs.
The Town Clerk is the keeper of the vital records, such as birth, marriage and death records. We also register dogs.
The Tax Collector’s responsibilities are to collect all monies for property taxes, yield, excavation taxes and land use change taxes.
Available at the Town Clerk Tax Collector’s Office:
The Town Election will be held on November 4th 2014 at the Kearsarge Regional Elementary School – Bradford, 163 Old Warner Road, Bradford. The Polls will open at 8:00 – 7:00pm.
Voter Registration & Voting:
Please Note – Senate bill 289, also known as the “Voter ID” law passed. The new law will phase-in a photo identification requirement over a period of time. Click the link below for more details –
You may register to vote any time during regular business hours at the Town Clerk’s office. You must be an American citizen. Proof of Bradford residency is required. Proof of citizenship is required (birth certificate, current passport). Eligible residents are allowed to register and vote the day of the election with proper documentation. The Supervisors of the Checklist meet prior to an election for new voters, change of party, etc. Their hours are posted at the Town Hall and in a local newspaper. Voter registration is closed 10 days prior to an election.
Hunting, Fishing, ATV & Snowmobile Licenses
Dredge & Fill Applications
You do not have to be a New Hampshire resident to get married in the state. You can obtain your marriage license at any Town Clerk’s office. The license costs $45.00 and is valid for 90 days. There is no waiting period to receive your license and no blood tests are required. Both parties must appear in person with a valid photo ID (example: Driver’s license, passport, state issued non-driver ID). Additionally, if either of you has been married before, proof must be provided of the divorce/annulment or death of the former spouse. If the former marriage was dissolved by divorce, the State requires that we see the sealed final divorce decree or certified copy of the divorce certificate. If the former spouse is deceased, we will need to see a certified copy of the death certificate.
You and your future spouse will have to complete a worksheet that will be used by the Town Clerk’s office in preparing the marriage license. You will need to know the full names of your parents, including your mother’s maiden name, as well as your parents’ state or country on birth, etc. You also need to know your Social Security number. Please call ahead for an appointment since you will need about 30 minutes for the application process to be completed.
Notary Public/Justice of the Peace –
The Town Clerk is also a NH Justice of the Peace and available for an extra charge to perform marriages.
There is no extra cost for having something Notarized. It is an extra service offered by our office.
Title Applications/Duplicate Titles $27.00 one time charge
VEHICLE REGISTRATION / LICENSE PLATES:
New residents to the state have 60 days to transfer their vehicle registration and obtain a N. H. driver’s license. When registering your vehicle at the town clerk’s office for the first time in New Hampshire, you must provide proof of residency such as a utility bill or rental agreement. When re-registering your vehicle at the town clerk’s office, please be sure to bring your last year’s registration. Please note, on a newly registered vehicle, a state inspection is required within 10 days of registering your vehicle.
BOAT REGISTRATION AND ALL OTHER WATERCRAFT:
Bradford is one of the few towns in New Hampshire that can process a Boat Registration. Any boat being used in New Hampshire for more than 50% of the time. Any Out of State resident using the boat in New Hampshire for more than 30 consecutive days. Any watercraft (rows, jet skis, etc.) that has a motor (including electric motors), any sailboat that is 12ft – 20ft is required to be licensed in the State of New Hampshire. You do not have to be a Bradford resident to register with us.
The 2014 Boat Decals are available!
Boater Education :
- Everyone over age 16 who drives a boat with 25 horsepower or more must complete the Department of Safety’s Boating Education Course and pass their exam.
- If you are younger than 16 and want to drive, your passenger must be older than 18 and have completed the Department of Safety’s Boating Education Course.
More information is available at 1-888-254-2121 or www.boat-ed.com .
TAX BILL – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- · What is the tax year? In the State of New Hampshire, the tax year runs from April 1st through March 31st. Assessments of your property are recorded as of April 1st of each tax year. Any new construction, addition, deck, subdivision, etc. is assessed by the town’s assessor between January and March to be the new value of your property.
- · What is the tax rate? The anticipated tax rate is established annually and is broken down by Town, School, State School, and County. The rate is then applied to every thousand-dollars worth of assessed value of the property. For example, if lot. The tax rate for 2013/14 is as follows:
Equalization rate: 102%
- · How often will I be billed?: There are two tax bills per year. The first bill of the year (due in July) is an estimate, based on one half of the previous year’s tax. This tax bill, printed and mailed out near the end of May, is usually due July 1st every year. The tax rate is set in the fall of the year, after which the final bill is printed. The final bill is calculated using the new rate multiplied by your property’s assessed value as of April 1st less any payments made to the first bill. The tax bill is usually sent out late October thru early November, taxes are due in December. If your taxes are paid by your mortgage company, it is your responsibility to forward the tax bill to them.
- · What if I don’t get a tax bill? Bills are sent, by state law, to the address of the last known owner. The assessor’s office updates its ownership records according to the transfers received from the Merrimack County Registry of Deeds. The deeds are sent to the assessor’s office the month following recording. The address on the deed is the address we use. Your attorney or closing company should have checked the status of taxes due on your property prior to closing. However, it is your responsibility as the new owner to make sure they are paid and to advise us of your mailing address in writing. If you have questions about this, refer to your closing statement and/or give us a call. Interest at 12% per annum is charged on tax bills not paid by the due date.
- · Do we you have my correct mailing address?If you need to update your mailing address,please contact the tax collector’s office (603-938-2288) or the assessor’s office (603-938-5900) and provide them with your correct address.
2014 Scheduled Holidays
Monday, January 20, 2014 Civil Rights Day
Monday, February 17, 2014 President’s Day
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 Election Day @ Kearsarge Reg Elem
Monday, May 26, 2014 Memorial Day
Friday, July 4th, 2014 Independence Day
Saturday, July 5, 2014 Independence Day Observed in Bradford
Monday, September 1, 2014 Labor Day
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 Election – State Primary @Kearsarge Reg Elem
Monday, October 13, 2014 Columbus Day
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 Election – General @Kearsarge Reg Elem
Monday, November 11, 2014 Veteran’s Day
November 27, 2014 Thanksgiving Day
Friday, November 28, 2014 Day after Thanksgiving
Thursday, December 25, 2014 Christmas
Thursday, January 1, 2015 New Year’s Day