Vital Record Information

The Town Clerk is the keeper of the vital records, such as birth, marriage and death records.


Click on the Vital Records link to request a Vital Record online.

(Additional processing fees for online transactions)

  • A Certified Copy of any Vital Record can be requested: Birth, Death, Marriage or Divorce

Application for Certified Copy of Vital Record

Marriage Licenses:

You do not have to be a New Hampshire resident to get married in the state. You can obtain your marriage license at any Town Clerk’s office. The license costs $50.00 (plus $15.00 for the certified copy) and is valid for 90 days. There is no waiting period to receive your license and no blood tests are required.  Both parties must appear in person with a valid photo ID (example: Driver’s license, passport, state issued non-driver ID).  Additionally, if either of you has been married before, proof must be provided of the divorce/annulment or death of the former spouse.  If the former marriage was dissolved by divorce, the State requires that we see the sealed final divorce decree or certified copy of the divorce certificate. If the former spouse is deceased, we will need to see a certified copy of the death certificate.

You and your future spouse will have to complete a worksheet that will be used by the Town Clerk’s office in preparing the marriage license. You will need to know the full names of your parents, including your mother’s maiden name, as well as your parents’ state or country of birth, etc. You also need to know your Social Security number.

Please call ahead for an appointment since you will need about 30 minutes for the application process to be completed.

Please Note: There are additional fees to cover the cost of the credit card fees—2.95% with a $1.50 minimum. These fees go directly to our third party processor and are not retained by the town/city. Convenience fees cannot be refunded.

Town Clerk’s Business Hours