The Town Clerk’s Office registers automobiles, trucks, RVs, boats, all other watercraft, trailers, motorcycles and ATVs.
Click on the E-Reg link to process vehicle and boat registrations online.
(Additional processing fees for online transactions)
VEHICLE REGISTRATION / LICENSE PLATES:
New residents to the state have 60 days to register their vehicle and obtain a N. H. driver’s license. When renewing your registration at the town clerk’s office, please be sure to bring your last year’s registration. Please note, on a newly registered vehicle, a state inspection is required within 10 days of registering your vehicle. For answers to specific questions please see the link below.
Motor Vehicle Title Applications- $27.00 one time charge
BOAT REGISTRATION AND ALL OTHER WATERCRAFT:
Boats that meets the following criteria must be registered in the State of New Hampshire:
- Any boat being used in New Hampshire for more than 50% of the time.
- Any Out of State resident using the boat in New Hampshire for more than 30 consecutive days. Any watercraft (rows, jet skis, etc.) that has a motor (including electric motors).
- Any sailboat that is 12ft – 20ft is required to be licensed in the State of New Hampshire.
Boater Education :
- Everyone over age 16 who drives a boat with 25 horsepower or more must complete the Department of Safety’s Boating Education Course and pass their exam.
- If you are younger than 16 and want to drive, your passenger must be older than 18 and have completed the Department of Safety’s Boating Education Course
For more information visit www.boat-ed.com
Please Note: There are additional fees to cover the cost of the credit card fees—2.95% with a $1.50 minimum. These fees go directly to our third party processor and are not retained by the town/city. Convenience fees cannot be refunded.