Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes
May 8, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance
Meeting called to order at 5:30pm
Roll Call- John Pfeifle, Chairman; Sonny Harris, Selectman; Jim Bibbo, Selectman; Karen Hambleton, Town Administrator was in attendance
Absent: Marilyn Gordon, Treasurer
- Town Hall Update: Brackett Scheffy informed the Board that there are many steps before the rest of the foundation, which is contingent on the sprinkler specs, can be poured and the building set on its new foundation. Not wanting folks to have unrealistic expectations, he indicated that it could be as late as November 1st before this happens. These steps include having the architect complete the code review and drawing up final plans, LCHIP’s approval of the final plans and the RFP and bid for the sprinkler system. Harry contacted Sunapee Granite Works and has an estimate for the granite of $5,200.00; this is below the budgeted amount. There were a number of questions about the granite. Following the meeting, Board members will visit Town Hall to look more closely at the granite.
- Joint Efforts/Regionalization: Currently Bradford has only heard back from Newbury regarding their interest in working together. Karen will follow up the other towns who were contacted.
- Board signed TAN disbursement request.
- Board signed Town Hall Bond disbursement request. Karen explained how the bond disbursement process will work once the account is established. Currently approximately $146,000.00 has been spent.
- Board signed Elderly exemption
- Board signed Veteran exemption (2)
- Board signed Solar exemption
- Board signed Current Use application (4)
- Letter from Brooks McCandlish: Brooks sent a letter stating that in his opinion, Chris Payson was over taxed on his timber cut. The Board agreed and suggested that Chris submit a request for abatement.
Accounts Payable and Payroll Manifest reviewed and signed.
Minutes of May 1, 2017 meeting were reviewed and accepted with no change.
The next Selectmen’s meeting will be held on Monday, May 15, 2017 at the Bradford Community Center.
Meeting adjourned at 6:21PM (Non-Public Session was cancelled)
Minutes submitted by Molly Hopkins/Karen Hambleton